Big Cat has a unique and exciting opportunity to be a crucial member within the PR and Social Media team, working on an array of clients in the retail, charity and consumer sectors.
Big Cat is a diverse team of passionate people – creatives, digital strategists, marketers and PR professionals. Our mission is straightforward – we’re here to help our clients fulfil their ambitions. And we do it, quite simply, by giving a damn. We believe that treating our clients’ goals as our own makes us dig deeper and try harder. It guarantees we push for what’s right, not just for what’s easy. It means we’re always open, realistic and truthful, whether our clients are ready to hear it or not. Because that’s what lasting relationships are built on – and when one of us does well, we both do.
A Natural Born Storyteller
Storytelling will be at the heart of everything you do. Whether it’s creating compelling video content, writing a newsworthy release or crafting thumb stopping social media content, you’ll be passionate about finding the rich and authentic details that give audiences a way to connect with the brand that we work with.
As PR + Social Senior Account Manager you’ll be hands-on at every stage – across all of our clients – from creating press releases and schmoozing journalists to developing communications plans and leading the execution of them.
With long lasting clients and organic business growth, we need someone to make their mark on a number of accounts. This position will require you to help brands find interesting ways to get themselves noticed, with ideas that not only earn column inches, but provide social currency too.
You’d be working with our multi-skilled integrated team including marketing, creative and digital professionals to deliver high class, memorable campaigns for our clients.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Passion – Someone who gives a damn about the work and the people you work with.
Ambition – Pro-active in seeking out creative opportunities. Always wanting the next project to be better. Helping to drive the agency’s communications output forward.
Curiosity – Aware of what’s going on around you – a thirst for knowledge. Questioning the answers.
The Basics –
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an agency environment and 2 years in an account manager role.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing skills to craft internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
- A strong understanding of the local and national media landscape
- A practical and advanced understanding of visual communications, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these channels into client programmes
- Ability to work flexibly when required
Lastly – Be a bloody good egg to have around.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The support and guidance within our close-knit Pride – from experienced directors and uber-cool managers and execs who work hard and play hard!
- Member of the IPA & PRCA with continuous CPD and regular events
- Partnership with University of Birmingham for research & testing
- Pounce Pack (Breakout pro-active project team)
- Newsroom (Social media listening to drive creative opportunities)
- Give A Damn Awards (employee recognition program)
- Pride Scheme (charitable volunteering)
- Roar Talent (inspiring young talent)
- ECOmmunity (client sustainability initiative)
- Regular staff socials and weekly gathers
- Wellbeing program
- Friday drinks in the office
- Lily the office sausage dog
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and Portfolio to email@example.com with PR + Social Senior Account Manager in the subject line.