Health + Safety Event Management
Big Issue Foundation
11 Miles, 150 Walkers, £20,000 raised for the first Big Issue Foundation Night Walk.
- To orchestrate the first Big Issue Foundation Night Walk to be held in Birmingham
- Design an 11 mile route to be walked throughout the night in Birmingham on Friday 5th October 2012
- Raise £20,000 to support some of the most vulnerable individuals in Birmingham
- Attract new and existing supporters of the Big Issue Foundation
- Deliver a fun and memorable event that positions the walk as a ‘must do’ annual event in Birmingham
- Devise a route that accommodates 150 walkers.
What our clients say about us
Event delivered by The Fair
- Managed event logistics; creation of a detailed route that displayed some of Birmingham’s proudest landmarks
- Plotted check points for walkers at BrindleyPlace, SIFA Fireside Shelter, Edgbaston Cricket Ground and Martineau Gardens, with bands, PA systems, entertainment and refreshments at each one
- Arranged for health and safety teams; both security and paramedics to accompany the walkers at all times
- Liaised with local authority and city centre partnerships
- The event raised more than £20,000
- Over 100 walkers participated in the event
- The first walkers crossed the finish line at 4.15am, and the last ones finished at 5.30am
- 112 directional signs were placed around the streets of Birmingham and collected up as the walk progressed through the night
Let's get you signed up!